Website Tangerine Life
Job Description: Actuarial Reserving Consultant (Life Business)
We are a digital financial service provider that consistently goes the extra mile to improve the financial security of our consumers. By merging deep consumer insights and cutting-edge technology, we have built a range of carefully tailored products which improve the quality of your life.
We provide solutions that cater to today, while also securing tomorrow. Our vision is to be the preferred digital financial solutions provider, with a reputation for innovation and trustworthiness.
At Tangerine Life, we believe that life should be lived to the fullest.
The Tangerine Life Team
Our team is made up of an exciting mix of creative forward thinkers, who thrive on our sense of community, bringing passion and zest to everything we do.
Our work life is fun, liberal and unintimidating. We live the #TangerineLife, symbolizing a burst of positive energy, creative expression and an innovative culture.
We are group of dynamic people, who share a common vision and are driven by our values.
– Excellence– our standards are high and this come through in everything we do.
– Entrepreneurship: Our people passionately take ownership of every process to ensure excellent service delivery.
– Trust: We take our responsibility seriously and the record of customer satisfaction speaks for itself.
– Discipline: We are detail-oriented with a focus on attaining the best possible results.
– Creativity: We go a step further with best interests of our clients at the forefront of our process
Here is what we bring to the table:
– You get to live the #TangerineLife and work in a dynamic, innovative and rewarding environment.
– Yes, rewarding. Our compensation packages are competitive.
– We offer a robust medical plan.
– Well-rounded personal development experience- you also get room to grow for and by yourself.
– Our offices are great. The ambience, the environment, the people, we love it, we hope you will too.
Now to what we’re looking for:
Department: Actuarial & Reinsurance Services
Unit: Actuarial Services
You will report to: Head, Actuarial & Reinsurance Services
The key focus areas of the role will be to be responsible for the valuation process of Tangerine life and provide insights on the Life financial results and performance, while ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Services the role will include working closely with the Senior Manager responsible for Product Development and Strategy, senior stakeholders in the Finance Community and IT Community, as well as Reinsurers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Applying best estimate actuarial reserving techniques to prepare monthly performance reports and actuarial reserve reports
- Creating and maintaining actuarial valuation models
- Ensure appropriate methods and models are used in the calculation of technical provisions
- Assess the quality of data available for reserving purposes
- Compare best estimates against actual experience
- Preparing reserving information for the purpose of assessing the Solvency Capital Requirement
- Developing systems and management information to support and improve business decision making
- Assisting in the development of the management information required to prepare the ORSA
- Provide actuarial assistance on internal projects and initiatives as required
- Analysis of surplus and embedded value
- Regulatory reporting,
- Experience investigations
- Development and maintenance of tools to analyse actuarial data and results in order to enhance management reporting
Your Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
- Actuarial Consultant with at least 7+ subjects and at least 7+ years of actuarial experience.
- Experience in valuation and pricing of insurance products would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal).
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without discrimination on grounds of ethnicity, marital status, gender, age, religion, disability status or political persuasion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com