- Increase students’ access to quality support for actuarial exams and improve exam sitting and performance
- Support students’ actuarial career growth and plans
- Ensure that course content and benefits of the program are understood and valuable to students and, in turn, to NAS
The program has 2 packages:
Package 1 – Mentorship Component
6-month mentorship program (modeled after Milliman’s Mentorship Program)• Matching mentors & mentees• Training session for Milliman mentors & NAS mentees• Bi-weekly mentor-mentee meetings over the 6-mo period
Not explicitly technical – more general support and coaching around exams and/or career progression as an actuary
Includes financial support for internet connectivity/international calling(max USD 50 per person)
Package 2 – Tutorial Support Component
- 1 enrollment in an online, on-demand course (per student) from one of four course options offered by ACTEX (for SOA Exam FM or Exam P) and ActEd (for IFoA CM1 & CS2 and CM2 and CS1 ) students pay at least 15% of course fee
- 6 small-group, seminar sessions (total four groups of three students each led by one Milliman volunteer seminar leader); meant to complement the online courses
- 1 exam sitting – partial exam fee (up to 75%) support (per student); subject to satisfactory attendance at seminars
- Support for internet connectivity / int’l calling – max USD 100 (per person)
A maximum of 12 students will be selected in total and both programs will run from March – September 2021.
- For Nigerian applicants, only members with an up-to-date registration will be considered. Kindly follow this LINK to register now
- A reference letter from applicants’ employer/university is a compulsory requirement for this program. Kindly send your reference letter to email@example.com by February 28, 2021 for your application to be considered.
Application closes February 23, 2021.
Click here to APPLY now.